1. VOCABULARY Copy and complete: A probability distribution represented by
a histogram is ? if you can draw a vertical line dividing the histogram into
two parts that are mirror images.
2. * WRITING Explain the difference between a binomial experiment and a
CONSTRUCTING PROBABILITY DISTRIBUTIONS Make a table and a histogram
showing the probability distribution for the random variable.
3. X = the number on a table tennis ball randomly chosen from a bag that
contains 5 balls labeled "1,"3 balls labeled "2," and 2 balls labeled "3."
4. W= 1 if a randomly chosen letter is A, E, I, O, or U and 2 otherwise.
5. N= the number of digits in a random integer from 0 through 999.
BINOMIAL PROBABILITIES Calculate the probability of randomly guessing the
given number of correct answers on a 30-question multiple choice exam that
has choices A, B, C, and D for each question.
Purchase answer to see full