In this reaction and response assignment, you will respond to three questions related to a given simulation.
Answers to the exercise questions
Step 1 Access the simulation.
A Balancing Act
Step 2 Complete the simulation.
Click through all the screens in the simulation, making choices as you go.
Step 3 Answer three questions.
In the first scenario, you were told that you had just finished your Psych class and had gone to your job at the campus radio station. With midterms approaching and a mountain of emails awaiting your reply at the station, you were feeling overwhelmed. You were given three choices:
- Take a mental health break.
- Attend to work at the radio station.
- Set a schedule for yourself.
In a separate file, address the following questions:
- Which option did you choose, and why?
- After having completed the simulation, would you have made a different choice in the first scenario?
- If so, what choice would you make, and why? If not, what about your first response made it the best one?
- Do you use a weekly schedule or a To Do list? Why or why not?
Step 4 Save and submit your assignment.
When you have completed the assignment, save a copy for yourself in an easily accessible place and submit a copy to your instructor using the dropbox.
Please remember to submit your assignment as an attachment in the week 1 assignment dropbox. If you have difficulty submitting your assignment, please call the help desk at 1-866-397-6656, option 6. I also have step-by-step directions posted in Doc Sharing for you.
1. Format, grammar, and spelling - Make sure to write complete sentences. This means that each sentence must end with a period, question mark, or exclamation point. Watch your comma use. If you have too many commas in a sentence, it is probably a run on. One way to help this is to write short sentences.
Rules for comma use: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/607/02/
2. Answers to Assignment Questions – Please write a brief paragraph answering the assignment questions. Make sure to address all of the questions.