The probability that he or she will disapprove or have no opinion on the issue?

Mathematics
Tutor: None Selected Time limit: 1 Day

A recent survey reported that 58 % of Americans approve of human embryonic stem cell research. If an American is selected at random, find the probability that he or she will disapprove or have no opinion on the issue.

May 29th, 2015

42% since 100% is certain while 58% will approve, which means that there is a 42% chance that they will either disapprove or have no oppinion since those are the only other options.it isnt 0% since that would mean that they would not disapprove at all but in our case theres 3 options and 1 option is 58% while the other 2 options in which were looking for make up the other 42% (100-58)

May 29th, 2015

Studypool's Notebank makes it easy to buy and sell old notes, study guides, reviews, etc.
Click to visit
The Notebank
...
May 29th, 2015
...
May 29th, 2015
Mar 30th, 2017
check_circle
Mark as Final Answer
check_circle
Unmark as Final Answer
check_circle
Final Answer

Secure Information

Content will be erased after question is completed.

check_circle
Final Answer