This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP), and a written DRP analysis. You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment.
Label each file name according to the section of the assignment it is
written for. Additionally, you may create and /or assume all necessary
assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
National Bank of America (ANBA) has branches in Miami, FL, Detroit, MI,
New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA, Denver, CO, St. Louis, MO, and Atlanta,
GA. Each branch has workstations or terminals that are connected to a
central data center located in Chicago, IL. Each branch also has local
servers and desktop computers that are not connected to the central data
Senior management is concerned about the following
potential events that could affect the operations of ANBA. The events
- Malfunctioning software
- Workstations and servers malfunctions
- Failed hard drives
- Large-scale natural disasters such as hurricanes and earthquakes
- Office fires
- Computer virus outbreaks
- Power outages caused by winter storm
- Terrorist attacks
Section 1: Disaster Recovery Plan
- Download the DRP template CIS527_A5_W9_ANBA-DRP.docx.
Modify the template to create a Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) for ANBA.
Provide appropriate and accurate information for the areas outlined in
the DRP template.
Section 2: Disaster Recovery Plan Analysis
2. Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
- Describe the main objectives of the ANBA DRP.
- Explain the key ways that ANBA's DRP can help mitigate risk in the organization.
- Defend the need for DRPs in an enterprise organization such as ANBA.
- Infer on the difference between the elements of DRP between different branches of a multinational organization.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the
student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required
assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Create a disaster recovery plan (DRP) based on the findings of a given risk assessment for an organization.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in IT risk management.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to IT risk
management using proper writing mechanics and technical style
***The DRP template is attached.*****
**** Steps 1 - 5 have to subtitles within the paper.***DRP Template