Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
- How would you define public–private partnerships?
- What is the role that public–private partnerships play in national response and recovery policy and guidelines?
- What makes public–private partnerships successful? Task2
- Using the research obtained in the first portion of this assignment, select 1 natural hazard and 1 man-made hazard from your Phase 1 Individual Project.
- With regard to the selected hazards, recommend a policy for approval by your city manager (600–800 words).
- The policy should thoroughly address the following categories of efforts associated with the hazards:
- Your policy proposal should address any significant overlaps in the efforts associated with each type of hazard chosen.
- Be sure that all sources are referenced using APA style. Task 3 600-800 words Place yourself in the role of the city emergency manger in the jurisdiction previously selected in Week 1. Write a short memo to the mayor explaining the importance of public–private partnerships. Use APA guidelines for creating and formatting references and in-text citations. Your memo should include the following:
- Explain the role of the private sector in homeland security and changes in business continuity and contingency planning since the 9/11 attacks.
- Describe the benefits of public–private partnerships and the value added to both public agencies and private organizations as it relates to community resilience.
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Purchase answer to see full attachment
Explanation & Answer
Answer posted please confirm.Kindly go through the work and let me know incase you need anything rectified.If the answer is okay,looking forward to work with you again.Thanks
Running head: WEEK 2 ASSIGNMENT
Week 2 Assignment
WEEK 2 ASSIGNMENT
Week 2 Assignment
Task 1: Response-Discussion Board
How would you define public-private partnerships?
Also called PPP/P3/3P, public-private partnerships can be defined as the cooperation
between the private sector and the government to accomplish various objectives. Two or more
public and private sectors can merge their resources guided by contract(s) which then establish
the relationship formed between the two or more entities. These arrangements, between the
private and the public sector, are often meant for long-term purposes. There are different types of
long-term contracts that include various elements such as the range of risk allocation, existing
transparency requirements and agreements and also funding provisions. Some of the themes of
public-private partnerships are the sharing of risk which then decreases and also the development
of a long-term relationship between the sectors involved. For instance, the partnerships have
merged efforts to help with emergency management in different countries such as the United
States. Seeing that emergencies and disaster occur without warning, the partnerships help in
ensuring that the disaster is mitigated and that resources are adequate for rescuing and other
activities involved in disaster/emergency management. Overall, public-private partnerships can
be perceived as the cooperation between the privatized sector, which also includes the non-profit
sector and the public sector which is essentially the government sectors.
What is the role that public-private partnerships play in national response and recovery
policy and guidelines?
Due to the cooperation created between the two arms, the public-private partnerships play
a vital role in the national response and recovery policy and guidelines. The private sector
WEEK 2 ASSIGNMENT
contributes towards disaster recovery financially, and this funding contribution is used for the
early response and pre-planning as well as for long-term purposes. Private sectors help in serving
smaller communities and help in supplementing the disbursement process as provided by the
government. A quick into the cycle that a disaster takes, and there are different components such
as preparing, pre-planning, the response phase, and the recovery phase seeing that each of these
phases does not have a predetermined period it may take weeks, months even years which may
be unsustainable for the government. Additionally, the private sector also helps in covering the