1. An accountant working in the public or private sector must be impartial and loyal to ethical guidelines when working for a company or reviewing individual's financial records for reporting purposes. An accountant should encounters ethical issues regardless of the industry and must remain continually vigilant to reduce the chances of outside forces manipulating financial records, which could lead to both ethical and criminal violations.
The five fundamental principles 1) Integrity 2) Objectivity 3) Professional competence and due care 4) Confidentiality 5) Professional behaviour
1) Integrity A professional accountant should be straightforward and honest in all professional and business relationships.
2) Objectivity A professional accountant should not allow bias, conflict of interest or undue influence of others to override professional or business judgments.
3) Professional competence and due care A professional accountant has a continuing duty to maintain professional knowledge and skill at the level required to ensure that a client or employer receives competent professional services based on current developments in practice, legislation and techniques. A professional accountant should act diligently and in accordance with applicable technical and professional standards.
4) Confidentiality A professional accountant should respect the confidentiality of information acquired as a result of professional and business relationships and should not disclose any such information to third parties without proper and specific authority unless there is a legal or professional right or duty to disclose. Confidential information acquired as a result of professional and business relationships should not be used for the personal advantage of the professional accountant or third parties.
5) Professional behaviour
A professional accountant should comply with relevant laws and regulations and should avoid any action that discredits the profession.
Jun 4th, 2015
Studypool's Notebank makes it easy to buy and sell old notes, study guides, reviews, etc.