Resource: Virtual Organization for McBride Financial Services
McBride Financial Services wants to expand its home-mortgage customer base within its currently planned growth area and needs to enhance its new marketing effort toward this goal. The site objective is to increase mortgage applications…not to add new and very different products/services.
Develop a 5- to 7-page website for McBride Financial Services based on Service Request SR-mf-001.5 (see below).
Create your website on your own ISP or a free site such as weebly.com, wix.com, yola.com, or webs.com. (Wix allows the use of Flash and more animation, Weebly may be the easiest for newbies.) These are a few of the many free website hosting locations on the Web—feel free to go where you wish. MySpace, Facebook, or other social networking sites are not acceptable for this assignment.The design should consider the following to ensure your design achieves McBride's needs:
- How the website can effectively educate and sell services to customers
- Using the website for communication
- How the website can enhance customer service
- Internet security issues
- How the website could link to partnering/cooperative businesses
- How the website could be used to generate revenue
- Make it informative, entertaining and interactive
- What types of pages might you use? [Home, About, Blog, FAQ, Contact, e-zine, Squeeze, Pointer (links, etc.]…or?]
- Includeat least one from each of the following groups:
- (photos/graphics/appropriate clip art)
- (links to “cooperative” sites/blog/FAQ’s)
- Reusing material from the existing website is acceptable; however, several paragraphs of material written by you are required.
- Use of good, professional writing mechanics is expected; remember it’s the company’s face to the public—spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc.
After publishing the website,check it out from the Web to ensure it is live and then copy the URL from the top of your browser, while on your site’s home page.
Save your URL in a Word doc for posting as Wk4 URL