Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your question!
- If you've got a young sports enthusiast in the family, play along. Shooting baskets and kicking a soccer ball around the yard are great ways to get your heart pumping. Thirty minutes of cardio training are recommended, but even five to 10 minutes will elevate your energy and speed your metabolism.
- Take the kids for a walk or just go by yourself. If their pace is too slow, add some lunges, jumping jacks, or running in place every few minutes to make yourself work harder.
- Pull young children in a wagon through the neighborhood. Or give them a ride in a jogging stroller.
- Let little children ride bicycles or tricycles while you jog behind.
- Get into some vigorous sweeping, mopping, or vacuuming. These types of housekeeping chores can burn a significant number of calories.
- We've all heard the benefits of taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Everything you've heard is true.
- Likewise, getting off the bus or subway a stop or two before your destination on a regular basis adds up to a lot of heart-healthy walking.
- Do yoga or Pilates while you, or the kids, unwind in front of a movie. While watching TV, do push-ups or sit-ups during commercials. Even one per commercial during a two-hour movie can give you some good exercise.
- In a sedentary job, take your breaks outdoors and have a brisk, short walk. You'll also improve your concentration and mood.
- Dance or do aerobics at home. No one is watching, anyway. If you like, include the little ones and turn it into a game.
- Practice stretching or light yoga moves while talking on the phone, listening to the news, or while dinner is cooking.
- Find the high-energy items on your to-do list and tackle these when you need physical activity. Think about washing the car, digging the garden, mowing the lawn, or reorganizing a closet.
- Get up 15 to 30 minutes earlier than the rest of the family and use this time for a run, a walk, or some stretching and yoga.
Please let me know if you need any clarification. I'm always happy to answer your questions.
Jun 4th, 2015
Oct 26th, 2016
Mark as Final Answer
Unmark as Final Answer
Content will be erased after question is completed.