I’m studying for my Computer Science class and need an explanation.
Part 1 - Physical Database Design
1.Use the Data Dictionary that is added below.
2.From the data dictionary tables, build MS Acess tables.
3.Via "Database Tools" create table relationships.
Physical data model represents how the model will be built in the database. A physical database model shows all table structures, including column name, column data type, column constraints, primary key, foreign key, and relationships between tables. Features of a physical data model include:
- Specification all tables and columns.
- Foreign keys are used to identify relationships between tables.
- De-normalization may occur based on user requirements.
- Physical considerations may cause the physical data model to be quite different from the logical data model.
- Physical data model will be different for different RDBMS. For example, data type for a column may be different between MySQL and SQL Server.
The steps for physical data model design are as follows:
- Convert entities into tables.
- Convert relationships into foreign keys.
- Convert attributes into columns.
- Modify the physical data model based on physical constraints / requirements.
Part 2 - FAME PARTIAL DATA DICTIONARY
- Using the FAME partial data dictionary (10 tables)
- Build MS Acess tables
- Once tables are complete
- From the menu, enter "Database Tools"
- Create table relationships
I have added the access file already with tables in it, You just have to create relationships from the word document added below.