1. Apply principles of the nutritional assessment.
2. Develop learner curiosity in seeking information related to current nutrition topics.
3. Demonstrate application of research in a scholarly paper.
4. Utilize supportive resources of CITEL (Writing Center)
--Disparities in access to nutritious foods (Healthy People 2020)
--Nutritional challenges associated with aging
--benefits/risks of nutritional supplements
--Select specific cultural dietary pattern and compare it to myplate as the standard
--discuss prevalent issues with children in American diet
--Discuss nutritional issues in the oncology (cancer) patient.
- Locate 3 articles from professional journals that address the topic.
- Locate one website that has important information regarding the topic (ex. CDC, Healthy People 2020, NIH).
- Write a 2-3-page essay on the topic you selected.
- Submit the paper to Safe Assign on Bb and also submit one paper copy to the instructor.
- Be certain to carefully review the grading rubric (before you start writing,) while you are writing, and before you submit the paper.
- Review the course syllabus for guidance re: APA Style, Plagiarism, and Policy on Late Papers.
The paper is due on Safe Assign by 11:59pm on 12/9/2018 and the paper copy is due:
Monday, December 10 at start of class.Please print a copy of the rubric and attach to your paper.