Question 1:(upload the chapter12 book)
After reading ch. 12, answer the following questions, in detail. After answering the questions, reply to at least three of your classmates' posts.
1. What are three differences between oral and written language styles?
2. List and explain three ways to use words effectively--provide your own examples for each.
3. How might you adapt your language to diverse listeners? Provide your own examples for each of the three suggestions your textbook suggests.
4. List and explain three types of memorable word structures--provide your own examples for each.
After reading Ch. 12, Watch Martin Luther King Jr.'s I have a Dream Speech and answer the following Questions.
Apply what you learned from chapter 12 to Martin Luther King Jr's Speech:
1. Why do you think this speech is often referred to as one of the greatest speeches of all time?
2. If his speech was written rather than spoken, how do you think that would have changed the impact it had?
3. Provide an example of how MLK applied the following:
-use of concrete, specific words:
-use of simple words:
-use of connotative words:
-use of concise words:
4. Provide three examples of how MLK utilized memorable word structures (metaphors, similes, personification, parallelism, etc)
Question 3: chapter18 Quiz 5question like we did before(I will upload the chapter 18study guide)