Need help with assignment, select a feature-length film or
television show to look at the elements of communication that the show utilizes,
study the communication that occurs between the characters in the film and
identify the effects of verbal communication, non verbal communication,
perception, and roles on interpersonal communication. In other words,
come up with a short description of the communication that occurs within that
the paper will have three parts: a) title page, b) summary c) analysis.
a) title page
The title page, (which incidentally, is not part of your page count) should
cover all of the relevant filmographic information. That is to say, make sure
that the cover page of your paper has the title, year, and director of the film
you have chosen.
The summary portion of the paper is a one page single spaced centered
synopsis of the plot. You can be as descriptive and detailed as you like, but
keep it to one page. (This can be part of your page count.)
This is the bulk of your paper, and is an opportunity for you to demonstrate
your communication competence. Answer the following questions in as much detail
- What does the film indicate about the communication patterns of the
- How do the communication patterns affect interpersonal communication?
- What events are presented in the film that describe appropriate nonverbal
- Are there any special features to the verbal communication used by the
- Are there any distinct social interactions that seem to be governed by
- What differences do you notice between the interpersonal communication
portrayed in this film and what you might find in a similar setting in your own
- Select a particular communication interaction between characters---describe
the interaction, whether there was a level of self-disclosure and whether it was
appropriate and effective. Was the communication between the individuals
effective or could they have communicated in a different way? What is your
impression of the individuals and interaction?
- What is your overall evaluation of the film? Favorable? Unfavorable? Would
you recommend this film to others as an example of good communication