Week 4 .mpp
Schedule and Budget
A project plan cannot be considered
complete until the resources have been assigned (including budget and cost
estimate). This week, you will assign the resources required to work on your
project to your scheduled tasks. In addition, you will add the cost of the
resources per hour and any direct or indirect cost required for project
contracts, materials, or supplies.
You will submit a two-part summary
report (business professional format) of your project budget and resources,
which includes the following:
Part 1: Project Budget (Cost
- Explain your approach to estimating the project cost
(e.g., top down, bottom up, etc.) and why that method was chosen.
- Create a table that shows the original budgeted cost
(from the charter) and the actual budgeted cost (side by side). Include
line items for labor, materials, contract, equipment, travel cost, and so
- Compare the budget from the charter to the final budget
and explain any variances that occurred from your original budgeted cost
in the project charter and the current project cost (include your original
estimated cost for the project).
- Explain your budget contingency plan and how much is
budgeted for contingency.
· MS project file
(.mpp) updated with resource assignments and cost
Part 2: Resource Management
- Explain the results of your resource assignments. Did
you assign enough people to the project? Were there any resources
over-allocated? What approach will you take to fix any allocation
- Develop a plan to manage your project team and define
how you will motivate your team and how you will handle team conflicts.
- What structure would you select for your project:
functional, weak matrix, balanced matrix, strong matrix, or pure project?
MS Word file with report of project budget and resource management