Case Study 1
“The Supreme Court has held that the selection guidelines in the federal government’s Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures also apply to performance measurement” (Noe, Hollenbeck, Gerhart, & Wright, 2011, p. 249).
Locate a recent court case or lawsuit related to discrimination or unjust dismissal by a performance management system. Write a paper at least 500 words in length about the selected court case of lawsuit. You are required to use at least your textbook and a court case as source material for your paper. Be sure to include the following in your paper:
· A brief description of the selected court case or lawsuit.
· A discussion of the purpose of performance management.
· An analysis the criteria and methods used for measuring performance management in the court case or lawsuit.
· A discussion of the legal and ethical issues related to performance management in this court case or lawsuit.
· All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations in APA format.