The Value of Fair Treatment in the Workplace
The year is 2025 and the U.S. Supreme Court has declared all laws prohibiting discrimination in the workplace to be unconstitutional.In its opinion, however, the Supreme Court made clear that employers could voluntarily adopt policies and procedures prohibiting any and all forms of discrimination in the workplace. The Supreme Court also made clear that employers could voluntarily adopt hiring practices to diversify their workforces provided such practices did not include express preferences based upon immutable characteristics.
- You have been hired as a consultant by a large, nationwide retailer to examine the business case for ensuring that all of the employee protections are found within the federal anti-discrimination laws, as well as the business case for prohibiting any other forms of discrimination in the workplace.
- Analyze the benefits and costs of voluntarily prohibiting three to five (3-5) federal forms of discrimination prohibited under the federal anti-discrimination laws.
- Discuss the benefits and costs of voluntarily prohibiting a form of discrimination not covered by any of the federal anti-discrimination laws.
- State the benefits and costs of voluntarily adopting hiring and promotion practices designed to diversify the workforce.
- Evaluate the ethical considerations of not voluntarily prohibiting the forms of discrimination laws examined in the first part of your report. Next, determine the ethical considerations of not voluntarily adopting hiring and promotion practices to diversify the workforce.
- Provide a final recommendation to this retailer on whether or not they should ensure all, part, or none of the employee protections examined in the first part of your report. Your recommendation should also include whether or not the retailer should adopt hiring and promotion practices designed to diversify the workplace. Be sure to include a rationale for your recommendation along with an explanation for any rejections of contrary positions or other pertinent considerations.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment.Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Write a four to six (4-6) page report in which you:
The Assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Explanation & Answer
please find the attached file. i look forward to working with you again. good bye
Running head: THE VALUE OF FAIR TREATMENT IN THE WORKPLACE
The Value of Fair Treatment in the Workplace
THE VALUE OF FAIR TREATMENT IN THE WORKPLACE
Benefits and Costs of Voluntarily Prohibiting Federal Anti-discrimination Laws
1. Gender Anti- discrimination Act
An equal pay Act was created to ensure that; men and women of equal experiences
and qualifications, who hold the same job position, are paid equally. Therefore, people of all
genders should be equally compensated for performing equal jobs (Franklin-Thomas, 2009).
Gender discriminatory issues also include some companies refusing to hire women by
labeling them as intellectually inferior, refusing to advance their careers, or marginalizing
transgender employees. Therefore, as per the law, gender should not be the basis for hiring,
promoting, or compensating. Voluntarily embracing gender equality helps build healthy
relationships due to minimal work resentment among employees, the company builds good
public reputation, and ensures that women feel valued since they are given equal
opportunities during promotions. Embracing this policy would however require additional
time and resources, especially in training managers and employees to embrace gender
2. Racial Anti-discrimination Act
The federal anti-discriminatory laws declare that employees are not to be
discriminated on the basis of their race or any other aspects such as religion or culture which
could be associated with their ethnicity. Therefore, when recruiting employees, companies
should provide equal application, selection, and interviewing opportunities to candidates of
all races. Selection of the best candidate should be based on academic qualifications, work
experience, and whether they ...