I Identified a topic interest related to one of the research fields of the Chemistry faculty which is a research that focuses on the effect of volatile organic compounds on protein synthesis. More specifically probing that question in fungal species.. Locate an important full article related to this topic that has been published in the last 5 years. I located an article that is attached in pictures and here is its link https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4292491/
Address each of the questions listed from ALL the parts below. I hope your language doesn’t sound very “Academic” since I am not an English native speaker.
Writing format can be done by sections. It doesn’t have to be an essay.
a. Article type analysis
1. Scope of the journal – in your own words explain what kind of chemistry is published in that journal?
2. What kinds of articles are published? (Communications, full papers, notes, review articles etc.)
3. How frequently is the journal published?
4. Total number of articles published in 2018
5. Total number of citations
6. Journal Impact Factor
Note: You can find most of this information from the Journal’s home page)
b. Readability and structure analysis
1. Are there any words that you don’t know the meaning of that may have compromised your understanding of this material ?
2. What techniques did the authors use in this paper? Are there any techniques that you have never heard of?
3. Look at each figure. What are they trying to show in each figure. Are they reaction schemes with structures? Photographs? Spectra?
c. Article summary
1. Provide a one page synopsis of the article.
2. What fundamental principle or novel compound have the authors demonstrated in this paper?
3. What are the conclusions of the paper?
4. Does the data presented convince you that the authors came to the correct conclusion?
d. Author and work impact
1. What previous work have these authors published in this area?
2. Are there any review articles available providing overviews of this field?
3. Judge the relative importance of this work, and the relative profile of these authors in this area.