Run a reliability analysis using the Lesson 37 Exercise File 1. Specifically, you are to:
- Reverse scale the appropriate items so that a higher total score reflects a greater emphasis on career.
- Compute a reliability analysis on the total score, using coefficient alpha.
- Conduct the analysis again, this time computing a split-half reliability coefficient and justify the method you used to split the items.
- Identify which estimate of reliability is the more appropriate one and why.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Consider which reliability analysis will be most informative for your research.
- Review Lessons 37 and 38 in the Green and Salkind text:
- Lesson 37, "Internal Consistency and Estimates of Reliability"
- Lesson 38, "Item Analysis Using Reliability Procedure"
- Access Lesson 37 Exercise File 1 from the Pearson website: http://www.pearsonhighered.com/greensalkindSPSS
- Review the Assignment Exemplar document provided in this week’s Learning Resources.
Submit a 3- to 4-page paper using the Assignment Exemplar.
Your paper must include the following elements:
- An APA Results Section based upon your analyses (see pages 299–300 of the Green and Salkind text as an example)
- An appendix including the SPSS output generated for the reliability analysis (see page 299 of the Green and Salkind text)