Review the following
- Chapter 5, Section 5.1a, “Levels of Measurement” of the Trochim, Donnelly, and Arora text.”
- Review the media piece Firm Foundation of the Scales of Measurement.
Submit a 3- to 4-page paper consisting of the following elements:
- A definition and example of a variable depicting each scale of measurement. Do not include any variable identified inthePearson Education dataset or the Firm Foundation of the Scale of Measurement media piece found in this week’s Learning Resources.
- A justification for why the variable example you provided is appropriate for the associated scale of measurement. Include an explanation of the characteristics of the variable that make it appropriate for each scale of measurement.
- A comparison of the similarities and differences among the four scales of measurement.
- An analysis of the relationship between the scales of measurement and inferential statistical analysis.
- An identification of one nominal, ordinal, interval, and ratio variable in the IT Security Dataset and an explanation of the characteristics of the variable that make it appropriate for each scale of measurement. You need to download the IT Security Dataset from this week’s Learning Resources.
Follow APA (American Psychological Association) style and include in-text citations and a separate references page.