This is a 2 part assignment please read carefully......Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
The purpose of the assignment is to research, analyze and evaluate current academic, research-based articles from credible, peer-reviewed journals in this discipline.
- Use the ERIC/ProQuest link to access two current articles, one of each on the following topics:
- Central concerns of phonics instruction to teaching literacy
- Central concerns of a whole Language approach to teaching literacy
- Write a summary paper addressing the following points/questions. Be sure to answer all questions of each bullet point. There should be three sections, one for each part below. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for each research study, include a cover page and reference page.
- What question/hypothesis was the researcher trying to answer or investigate?
- Explain how the study was designed
- What was the sample size?
- What were the variables?
- How did the researcher gather data in the study?
- What was the conclusion/results of the study?
- Analyze and Evaluate each study to determine credibility or usefulness. Repeat this sequence for each article.
What biases could exist in the sample selection?
- What potential ethical issues exist in this study?
- Would you use the study if you were writing a research report on the topic? Explain why or why not.
- Explain how the results affect working with children in this area.
Your essay should be 1250 words and should include at least four (4) citations. The sections should be clearly marked with headings so that your instructor knows which points you are addressing. Follow the guidelines for APA writing style. The title page and references page do not count towards the minimum word amount for this assignment.
Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
Write a 1750-word essay addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer the questions for each bullet point. There should be separate sections, one for each bullet below. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least three (3) citations in your essay. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page do not count towards the minimum word amount.
1. Give children opportunities to interact with adult members of their own and other cultural groups. Based on what you have read, discuss in detail five strategies you would use to create a classroom climate in which children treat each other with kindness.
2. A common criticism of American social studies education is that children don’t know enough about history and geography. Describe an activity that you would create to help a group of 4-year old become interested in one of these subjects. What would you plan for a group of second graders? Discuss in detail what the activities would look like and what you expect children to learn from them.
3. Identify the three steps people go through in order to be helpful. Write a puppet script/ skit to demonstrate to children these three steps. You may wish to include narration in your skit as well as dialogue between the two characters (one who needs help and the one who is the potential helper). Remember that children relate best to puppets that resemble people rather than animals or cartoon characters.