Activity 1 Watch Coca Cola Hello Happiness together as a whole class.
Then in marketing team discuss the video.
- Is it socially responsible marketing? Environmentally responsible marketing?
- What are the pros and cons?
- What it the intent? Does it meet a life style need?
Locate at least two other videos that demonstrate socially and/or environmentally responsible marketing. Share them electronically with the team and present them in a whole class discussion.
Focus your presentation on what the marketing strategy was, how it is socially and/or environmentally responsible, whether you believe it is effective and why.
Activity 2: Case Study 10 Companies With Social Responsibility at the Core
In the marketing team, read and analyze the ten companies.
- What area of social responsibility does each have as a core belief and value?
- What difference does it make that social responsibility is at the core of its beliefs?
- How does their social responsibility translate into productivity?
- What ideas can you glean from what these companies have done that will help you develop your own socially responsible company?
Activity 3: Design a Socially or Environmentally Responsible strategy for your company.
Based on what has been learned, marketing teams design a socially or environmentally responsible marketing strategy for their company. It can target the company as a whole or one arm of the company but should be incorporated into the core values of the company as a whole.
In an engaging, informative and concise ad describe:
- What your core value or belief is
- What the company produces
- What specifically your company will do to demonstrate social or environmental responsibility - describe in detail
- How the strategy fits into the overall strategy for the company.
Present your ad to the other marketing teams.