An ideal post would be two solid paragraphs (that includes a thesis statement, a body of supporting evidence, and a conclusion that summarizes the main points). The post should be well constructed and free of grammatical errors, and be between 250 and 300 words. You do not need to undertake outside research in order to answer the question.You must cite your sources both in your response and below it (Bibliography), using the Chicago Style citation format.
Choose one (1) question. (chapter 19)
1. What was the experience of African Americans in the "New South"?
2. Describe how the West was populated. What challenges did newcomers encounter?
3. How did the federal government's post-Civil War policies in the West affect Native Americans?
4. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of urban growth during the Gilded Age?
5. Who were the "new immigrants" of the late nineteenth century? How were they viewed by American society?
Choose one (1) question. (chapter 21)
1. How and why did America expand its influence in the Pacific before the Spanish-American War (War of 1898)?
2. What reasons were behind Theodore Roosevelt's rapid rise to the presidency? What were the main elements of his foreign policies?
3. What were the specific goals of progressive reformers? In what ways did they pursue these public goals?
4. Which policies of President Woodrow Wilson were influenced by the progressive movement? How and why did these differ from the policies of Presidents Theodore Roosevelt and William Howard Taft?