Overview: Part I of the final project is a case analysis in which you will analyze the HealthSouth case in terms of fraud theory and discuss social, legal, and ethical aspects of a fraud investigation. Specifically, you will explain what fraud was committed, who perpetrated the fraud and why, how the fraud was able to occur, and the time span of the fraud.
Prompt: Submit an analysis of the social and legal frameworks as related to HealthSouth fraud case. Discuss the social impact of the case as well as provide an analysis of court rulings impacting the manner in which interviews are conducted. Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
- Discuss the culture of the organization in which the fraud occurred.
- How was the company’s management impacted by the fraud and the investigation?
- How were the employees of the company impacted by the fraud and the investigation?
- How was the public impacted by this fraud scheme?
- Analyze the impact court rulings have on the manner in which the interviews were conducted. Include the following in your response:
- Discuss the fraud case in terms of adjudicating the case civilly. What is the role of the fraud investigator?
- Discuss the fraud case in terms of criminal prosecution. What is the role of the fraud investigator?
- Fourth Amendment