To prepare for this Assignment, select a discipline of medical social work of interest to you. Then, read the assigned case study and think about how a team would care for or provide service to the identified client.
Note: It is vital to make sure you are detailed and explain each point in the assignment. Use schoraly resouses for the assigment
In a 5 page paper Include:
- Summarize the patient population (age, gender, ethnicity or race, medical condition or diagnosis) that the case study features.
- Describe the discipline of medical social work that you chose.
- Explain the primary roles and responsibilities of a social worker in the discipline that you chose.
- Explain how you plan an interdisciplinary team in the discipline you chose for the patient in the assigned case study.
- Define the roles of other members of the interdisciplinary health care team in that discipline.
- Explain how you might collaborate with the members of the health care team.
- Explain the essential values that are common to the members of an interdisciplinary team to patient care.
- Describe the challenges you might encounter while working with an interdisciplinary health care team. Then, explain strategies you would employ to address the challenges.
- Explain how the challenges you identified might negatively affect the patient and the patient’s family in the assigned case study. Finally, explain how you might work with the patient, the patient’s family, and other stakeholders in providing optimal health care. Cite your response using external scholarly resources.
- Provide examples of resources the social worker might use for patients in this area.