INCLUSIVE AND DIFFERENTIATED
LEARNING AND ASSESSMENTS
ECD 310: Exceptional Learning and Inclusion
• Standardized assessments are a lens into the classroom.
• Standardized assessments are a form assessments that require learners
to answer the same questions in a same way.
• It sheds light on why learners might be accelerating, succeeding, and
struggling on specific learning elements.
• Results obtained from standardized assessments assist to inform the
next step in student’s learning.
• Standardized assessments are set based on federal law under No Child
Left Behind (NCLB).
Including All Students
• To include all students in assessments, the assessments are tailored on specific needs of
• The assessments are set depending on the nature of the students that are participating in
the assessments (Villa & Thousand, 2016).
• Offering both peer assessment and self-assessment is imperative.
• When making decisions on how children participate in assessments, the major factors that
are considered include expected outcomes, student’s capabilities, resources available, and
Accessibility for All
• To ensure that the assessments are accessible for ...