For your Portfolio Project, you will demonstrate an understanding of the various concepts discussed in each module. For the second part of your Portfolio Project, you will create a Java application that will exhibit concurrency concepts. Your application should create two threads that will act as counters. One thread should count up to 20. Once thread one reaches 20, then a second thread should be used to count down to 0. For your created code, please be provide a detailed analysis of appropriate concepts that could impact your application. Specifically, please address:
- Performance issues with concurrency
- Vulnerabilities exhibited with use of strings
- Security of the data types exhibited.
Submit the following components:
- Word document with appropriate screenshots of your program executing, program analysis responses, and source code in the Word file.
- Submit your .java source code file(s). If more than 1 file, submit a zip file.
- Provide a detailed comparison between the performance implementations between the Java and C++ versions of your applications. Which implementation may be considered less vulnerable to security threats and why? Your detailed comparison should be 3-4 pages in length and should be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA. (Links to an external site.)