Collaboration is everywhere, especially in the health care industry. It is important to learn how to work and communicate in a collaborative environment. As you progress through your program, you will experience learning teams in your courses. Learning teams provide you with valuable experiences that will prepare you for working collaboratively in the health care industry.
Navigate to the University Library homepage.
Locate the Learning Team Toolkit on the upper right side of the homepage.
Create a 7- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation that identifies the Learning Team resources provided by the University and the importance of working effectively in a team. A presentation format has been provided for this assignment; however, you may choose to format your presentation in another professional manner.
Include the following in your presentation:
Slide One: Title Slide
- Title of presentation
- Your name
- Course abbreviation and course number
- Due date
- Your facilitator's name
Slide Two: Introduction
- Describe what the Learning Team Toolkit is.
- Provide screenshots of the Learning Team Toolkit.
Slides Three and Four: Review the Learning Team Charter
- Explain the importance of the Learning Team Charter.
- Why is it created?
- Why is it important in collaborative environments?
- How can it be used during team conflicts?
- Why is it important to communicate with your faculty?
Slides Five and Six: Review the Learning Team Evaluation
- Explain the importance of the Learning Team Evaluation form.
- Why is it important to rate the members of your team?
- Why is it important that your faculty know how you would rate your team members?
Slide Seven: Learning Team Toolkit Resources
- Explain the resources available in the Learning Team Toolkit.
Slide Eight: Importance of Team Work
- Explain the importance of team work in education and the workplace.
- Identify some strategies you would use when working in a team.
- Identify effective communication you would use when working in a team.
Slide Nine: References
- Cite 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references.
- Format your references according to APA guidelines.
Note: Speaker notes are to be provided for each slide. Refer to the Tutorial: Adding Speaker Notes to Microsoft® PowerPoint® Presentations for more information on how to add speaker notes to your presentation.
Note: The University's Center for Writing Excellence provides samples of different deliverables. Under Samples, you will find a sample Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation to use as a reference while creating your presentation.
Note: Remember to use the resources in the Center for Writing Excellence and Turnitin®.
Cite 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references to support your presentation.