Organizational behavior is really the combination of four areas of study – psychology, social psychology, sociology, and anthropology. While each of these areas involves an examination of people and their interactions, the focuses are quite different:
Psychology - studies the mind and how people make decisions.
Social Psychology - examines how people work in groups.
Sociology - explores how systems work within the organization.
Anthropology - examines how culture works within the organization.
Now, assume that you are an organizational consultant and have been asked by a new CEO to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the organization.
- Of the four areas of study listed above, which would you focus on first?
- Make sure to explain why you chose this area, and why it would take precedence over the other areas.
Managing Change in Organizations" Please respond to the following:
- Determine why change is so difficult for organizations. Propose ways that human resource (HR) specialists can assist in making change easier.
- Propose two ways that HR can prepare its employees for the changes involved with moving from a domestic assignment to an overseas assignment. Respond and evaluate another learner’s comment. Ground students will do this through discussion.
"Future of Human Resource Management" Please respond to the following:
- Use the Internet or Strayer Library to research three trends in HR. Next, examine the three trends in HR that you researched. Provide probable causes for these trends. Provide probable causes for these trends. Predict how these trends will affect organizations in a single sector of your choosing.
- Examine the duties and responsibilities of a HR specialist. Determine the contributions that someone in this position makes to an organization. Support your position.