At this very moment, around the globe, populations are affected by communicable, noncommunicable, environmental, natural-disaster, and humanitarian health threats. In keeping with the Walden University mission of effecting positive social change, this week you will educate your classmates on a current public or global health concern by tapping into and sharing social media resources that address efforts to improve the health of populations around the world.
Navigate to YouTube. In the search bar, enter one of the following organizations plus a health topic (identified in your Learning Resources this week).
CDC (Centers for Disease Control & Prevention)
WHO (World Health Organization)
IFRC (International Federation of Red Cross)
UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund)
UNAIDS (United Nations Program on HIV/AIDS)
VOA (Voice of America)
MSF (Doctors Without Borders)
TED Talks (TED is a nonprofit organization that brings technology, entertainment, and design together to spread ideas)
Select one online video from one of the organizations identified. Then, using the resource you selected, complete a post in which you complete the following:
- Paste the URL to your selected video in the space provided so your classmates can also view the YouTube video you selected.
- Prepare a short description of the health issue covered in the YouTube video. Be sure to include the location and population affected.
- Identify as much as you can about the impact of the health issue.
- Identify the sponsoring organization profiled in the YouTube media and what they are doing to assist with the public/global health issue?
- Explain how it is related to our class Learning Resources this week. Share your personal reaction to the media and public health topic on which you are reporting.