1. Compare and contrast domestic and international HRM.
2. How is culture relevant to IHRM? What do you believe is important to remember from Hofstede’s and the GLOBE studies?
3. Describe typical stages of firms expanding into international business and each stage’s impact on HRM.
4. What value is there to understanding the factors driving standardization versus localization of HR policies, processes, routines, procedures and practices?
5. Compare and contrast the strategic opportunities for HRM in the formation process of cross-border mergers, acquisitions and international joint-ventures.
6. Discuss the causes as well as the direct and indirect costs of expat failures. How can the number of such failures be reduced.
7. Discuss the potential value and liabilities to HR of utilizing international assignments.
8. Why is it important to include hard, soft and contextual goals when assessing international managerial performance?