A. Provide an elementary physical education or health education lesson plan from an outside source (website, practicing teacher, etc.).
1. Identify the standard(s) addressed by the lesson plan.
2. Evaluate each of the following aspects of the lesson plan:
a. effectiveness of the instructional plan (sequencing, scaffolding, etc.)
b. differentiation for multiple abilities and/or interests
c. alignment to standards/objectives
d. promotion of healthy lifestyles/attitudes (i.e., Does the lesson effectively promote healthy lifestyles/positive attitudes toward health? How?)
3. Identify three instructional changes you would make to the lesson plan (e.g., additional strategies for differentiation) to strengthen any of the four areas in part A2.
a. Justify each suggested change with evidence from relevant educational research in physical/health education.
Note: Be sure to cite the sources of your lesson plan and evidence in APA format.
B. Create a standards-based physical education or health education lesson plan. This lesson plan must be a different focus from part A. (For example, if you discussed a physical education topic in part A, part B must focus on a health education topic.) In your lesson plan, include the following:
• identification of general information (e.g., topic, grade, student grouping, seating arrangement)
• identification of standards and measurable objectives (condition, behavior, and criterion)
• identification of materials/resources for students and teacher
• description of prerequisite skills or connections to previous learning (i.e., What previously learned skills are necessary for students to be able to participate in and benefit from the planned lesson?)
• explanation of presentation procedures for new information, guided practice, independent practice, and culmination
• explanation of differentiated instruction accommodations
• explanation of assessment (A copy of the assessment may be submitted, or it may be explained. The assessment may be formal or informal, formative or summative.)
Note: Be sure you submit your completed lesson plan for this project.
C. Justify the following aspects of your lesson plan from part B with support from relevant educational research in physical/health education:
• guided practice/independent practice
• presentation procedures/differentiated accommodations
1. Cite three relevant, academic sources in part C.
D. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.