Can you please help me with writing an instruction manual based on the following memo:
Instruction Manual to Operate New Exercise Equipment.docx
For this assignment, you will write a document that provides coherent and well designed instructions on a " Lifepak 12 cardiac monitor".
The manual will include the following sections:
- Title Page
- Overview or Introduction
- Equipment and materials needed
- Definitions (if appropriate)
- You must have at least two graphics in your instructions
- Warnings or statements of caution as appropriate
There is no minimum or maximum number of words for this assignment. Your goal is to write coherent, well designed instructions for a user.
Helpful websites on writing instructions:
-Jerz’s literacy page features a fine set of tips on writing instructions. Please click here to view the site.
- David McMurrey has a very helpful website on writing instructions. Please click here to view the webpage.
-Wikibooks has an excellent guide to writing instructions. Please click here to view the site.
Other helpful guides on writing instruction manuals:
-The Tech Writing Handbook by Dozuki, which is one of the resources listed in our class, has the following:
- an appendix that provides tips in writing instructions and incorporating graphics into instructions. Click here to access it.
- chapter 6, "Photographing the process." Click here to access it.
- chapter 7, "Using Other Visuals." Click here to access it.
-The Mayfield Handbook, which is also one of the resources listed in our class, features excellent tips on writing instructions. One particular section of the handbook that you will find helpful can be accessed by clicking here.
Examples of instruction manuals for you to look at:
-Please examine pages 265-266, “How to Replace a Worn Faucet Washer,” in the chapter from Pearson mentioned above.
-You may observe the following video instruction on swimming. Note how the author lists the equipment and then proceeds to mention the steps involved. The video is over 10 minutes long. You might just take a look at the first couple of minutes to see how he lists the equipment and then proceeds to the steps.