Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your question!
Health Canada introduced Canada’s Physical Activity Guide to Healthy Active Living to help Canadians make wise choices about physical activity as a way to improve health. Scientists say you should accumulate 60 minutes of physical activity every day to stay healthy or improve health. The recommendations in the Physical Activity Guide are as follows:
• Endurance-On 4 to 7 days a week, perform continuous activity for your heart, lungs, and circulatory system. Time required for improvements depends on effort.
• Flexibility-On 4 to 7 days a week, perform gentle reaching, bending, and stretching to keep muscles relaxed and joints mobile.
• Strength-On 2 to 4 days a week, perform resistance exercise to strengthen muscles and bones and improve posture.
The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) has also developed activity guidelines for improving health:
• Perform 30 minutes or more of moderate-intensity physical activity on most days of the week for cardiovascular health. The 30 minutes need not be continuous.
• Performing 1 set of 8 to 12 repetitions of resistance training for the entire body is necessary to maintain and develop muscular strength and endurance.
• Flexibility training should be performed daily, including stretches for all major muscle groups, in order to maintain mobility.
Please let me know if you need any clarification. I'm always happy to answer your questions.
Jun 29th, 2015
Did you know? You can earn $20 for every friend you invite to Studypool!