Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your question!
The proper lifting techniques are -
1. Lift appropriate amount of weight - Do not try to increase weight too quickly or stick with the same weight for too long. Increase the weight gradually.
2. Use full range of motion - More often than not, people do not lift and lower down the weight across full motion. Full motion is very crucial for proper muscles development.
3. Breathe - Breathing is very important aspect of weight lifting as it helps breakdown of food and provides energy. Do not hold the breathe while lifting the weight.
4. Balance - Exercise should be included for all body parts. Do not leave any body part as it will result in an imbalance. Any part which is left untrained will remain weak. This will also make body imbalance while lifting weights for other parts.
5. Intensity and Repetitions - There are various combinations ranging from low to high intensity and less to high number of repetitions. Make sure to adhere to one course at least for a month and then if require change the course.
6. No swing - Do not swing your body while lifting, it will help you cheat and lift more weight but will not give desirable results. Try to isolate the part you are working on, use appropriate weight and then train.
7. Rest - Take appropriate rest between workouts, this will give time to body to recover.
8. Warmup - Do warm up to avoid injuries and perform better.
Please let me know if you need any clarification. I'm always happy to answer your questions.
Jun 30th, 2015
Did you know? You can earn $20 for every friend you invite to Studypool!