Find out what is culturally appropriate
Find out what is culturally appropriate. It is important to discover the ways people in the child’s family communicate and what is considered appropriate behavior. For example, in some cultures it is considered inappropriate for a child to look an adult in the eye. In other cultures, it is considered inappropriate for an adult to bend down to a child’s eye level.
Instruction on what to do
· Describe the purpose of behavior management in early childhood education settings, including why it is important to think proactively. Integrate the specific challenging behaviors to be detailed in this paper.
· Discuss the strategies at the top teachers may use to determine the functions of challenging behaviors.
· Design an individual support plan for each of the challenging behaviors which includes:
· the possible functions of the behavior
· specific positive behavior supports
· replacement behaviors
· Summarize the role of the teacher in designing and implementing a classroom behavior plan.