Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your question!
- Wear comfortable clothes that won't bind
- Stretching should be pain free; do not force the body into difficult positions
- Move into the stretch slowly and avoid bouncing, which may actually tear muscles
- Stretch on a clean, flat surface that is large enough to move freely
- Hold stretches long enough (20-30 seconds) to allow muscles or joints to become loose
- Repeat the stretch, generally 5-10 times
- When doing any type of hamstring stretches, patients should avoid bouncing, which can trigger a muscle spasm. Instead, enter the stretch gently and hold it.
- Start with holding the hamstring stretch for 10 seconds, and gradually increase to 30 seconds.
- Remember to breathe while holding the stretch.
- Find the position that is most comfortable to perform the stretching. Depending on the patient's specific medical condition and level of pain, the lying down position may be preferable and comfortable. In particular, patients with low back pain or sciatica should choose whichever position is most tolerable for their back while still giving a gentle stretch.
- Kneel on your right knee and curve your pelvis under like a "scared dog."
- Flatten out your lower back and keep shoulders and chest upright.
- Bend forward from the hip to the knee even more to stretch the right hip and quad.
- Hold for 30 seconds and then switch knees.
Please let me know if you need any clarification. I'm always happy to answer your questions.
This neck stretch is done as follows:
- Patients stand approximately two feet back from the corner, facing into the corner.
- Feet should be together.
- Forearms are placed on each wall, and elbows are a little below shoulder height
- Lean in as far as possible without pain. Patients will feel a stretch in the front of the shoulders and chest
- Hold the stretch for about 30 seconds to a minute.
Jul 1st, 2015
Did you know? You can earn $20 for every friend you invite to Studypool!
Click here to
Refer a Friend
Dec 6th, 2016
Mark as Final Answer
Unmark as Final Answer
Content will be erased after question is completed.