Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your question!
|Cost||Linux and thus Peach OSI can be freely distributed, downloaded freely, distributed through magazines, books etc. There are priced versions for Linux also, but they are normally cheaper than Windows.||For desktop or home use, Windows can be expensive. A single copy can cost around $50 to $450 depending on the version of Windows you want to use.|
|User||Everyone. From home users to developers and computer enthusiasts alike.||Everyone. From home users to developers and computer enthusiasts alike.|
|manufacturer||The Linux kernel is developed by the community. Linus Torvalds, the original author of Linux, oversees things.||Microsoft created the Windows operating system, but allows other computer manufactures to distribute their own computers with Windows pre-|
- Low cost: You need not spend much money to obtain license as its softwares come from GNU General Public License. You can also download high quality software whenever you want, free of cost and you need not worry that your program may stop due to trail version. You can also install it in many computers without paying.
- Performance: Linux provides high performance on workstations and on networks. It also helps in making old computers sufficient and usable again and also can handle many users at a time.
- Stability: You don’t have to reboot periodically to maintain performance. It can handle large number of users and does not hang up or slow down due to memory issues. Continuous up time upto a year or so is common.
- Ease: Microsoft Windows has made much advancement and changes which made it easy to use the operating system. Even though it is not the easiest, it is easier than linux.
- Software: Since there are more number of Microsoft users there are more software programs, games and utilities for windows. All most all games are compatible to windows, some CPU intensive and graphic intensive games are also supported.
- Hardware: All hardware manufacturers will support Microsoft windows. Due to large number of Microsoft users and broader driver, all the hardware devices are supported.
Please let me know if you need any clarification. I'm always happy to answer your questions.
Jul 8th, 2015
Oct 28th, 2016
Mark as Final Answer
Unmark as Final Answer
Content will be erased after question is completed.