For this critique, you can choose one of three articles. Each article is located in the CSU Online Library. You should probably skim each article to determine which is the most interesting to you.
The article options are provided below and may be accessed by visiting the Criminal Justice database in the CSU Online Library. To reduce the number of results you receive, it is recommended to conduct an advanced search; enter the article title in the first search box, and enter the author’s last name in the second search box.
Ginn, J. (2014). Going gray behind bars. Corrections Forum, 23(3), 18–20.
Payne, C. (2015). Managing aggressive inmates. American Jails, 29(2), 26–29.
Rowe, D., Huskey, B., & Severson, M. (2016). Mental illness and Douglas County jail: A new prescription. Corrections Today, 78(1), 56–59.
For this assignment, you will critique the selected article. The article critique should include the elements below:
- Provide a short summary of the article (one paragraph).
- What is the main point?
- What is the central argument?
- Include a critique of the article.
- Is the article clear?
- Is there appropriate evidence to support the article?
- Is the article logical?
- Who is the audience?
- Is the article conventional, boring, controversial, and/or thorough?
- Would you recommend this article to an individual working in corrections? Why, or why not?
- State your position on the article’s viewpoint.
- Do you agree with the article? Why, or why not?
- Do you have any recommendations to modify the article?
- Has the author neglected any important details?
Your response must be at least two pages in length (not including the cover page and the reference page), double-spaced, and 12-point Times New Roman font.
All sources used must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying APA citations, which must relate to references in your reference list.