Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your question!
According to Psychology, psychological hardiness refers to the coping strategies, attitudes and beliefs that help people work through the stresses of life. Hardiness is defined as a constellation of attitudes, beliefs, and behavioral tendencies that consist of three components: commitment, control, and challenge.
Hardiness means becoming physically, mentally, and emotionally stronger so that when a stress or occurs you are “fit” to cope with it and thus we can deal with stress. Techniques to increase Hardiness include:
- Get More Physical Exercise – a physically fit body deals with stress more easily.
- Practice Relaxation – regular relaxation helps keep your day-to-day stress level lower. Relaxation can also be used during periods of high stress to take the edge off.
- Develop Good Sleeping and Eating Habits – keeping your body well rested and nourished helps prepare you to deal with stress effectively.
- Reduce Your Use of Alcohol, Nicotine, and Caffeine – frequent use of drugs weakens your physical and mental ability to cope with stress. These drugs also intensify the stress response within your body.
- Find Activities That You Enjoy – people who enjoy life are highly motivated to deal with stress effectively so that they can get back to the things that make them happy.
- Create a Support System– scientific studies over the past 20 years have shown that people who both give and receive love, affection, and support are better equipped to deal with stress. Taking the time to develop close relationships with other people is rewarding in many ways, both short-term, as well as long-term.
Please let me know if you need any clarification. I'm always happy to answer your questions.
Content will be erased after question is completed.