Assignment 3: Evaluating Leadership Behavior
Many definitions of leadership derive from the leadership models outlined in the text. Consider these models when you develop your biographic article.
Create a fictional profile of a CEO and write a biographic article focusing on his or her leadership qualities. Do the following in the biography:
- Include instances, wherever relevant, that demonstrate the CEO’s qualities and his or her influence on organizational morale and building interpersonal relationships.
- Analyze the personal and environmental factors that might have contributed to the characteristic leadership style of the CEO.
- Indicate whether the CEO is an inspiring leader. Explain the reasons for your opinion.
- If the CEO is uninspiring, recommend how he/she can improve, in order to change the perception of his/her followers.
- If the CEO is an inspiring leader, identify potential psychologically based, human relation issues that he/she should be ready to face while leading the organization.
Write a 5-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M1_A3.doc. For example, if your name is John Smith, your document will be named SmithJ_M1_A3.doc.
By Wednesday, July 18, 2015, deliver your assignment to the M1: Assignment 3 Dropbox.
|Assignment 3 Grading Criteria |
|Wrote a biographical article about a fictional CEO, with instances demonstrating the influence of CEO’s qualities on organizational morale.|
|Analyzed the personal and environmental factors that might have contributed to the characteristic leadership style of the CEO.|
|Examined whether or not the CEO is an inspiring leader.|
Recommended ways to improve the CEO’s behavior if it was not inspirational.Identified potential issues that an inspirational CEO should be ready to face as the leader of the organization.
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.|