Assignment 1.1: Industrialization After the Civil War Thesis and Outline
the Civil War, the United States became a much more industrialized
society. Between 1865 and 1920, industrialization improved American life
in many ways. However, industrialization also created problems for
American society. Consider events that took place after the Civil War
and discuss ways that industrialization affected the U.S. between 1865
- Write a thesis statement that is one to two (1-2) sentences long in which you:
your thesis on how industrialization after the Civil War influenced
U.S. society, economy, and politics. Justify your response.
the first part of this assignment you will create a thesis statement. A
thesis statement is usually a single sentence somewhere in your first
paragraph that presents your main idea to the reader. The body of the
essay organizes the material you gather and present in support of your
main idea. Keep in mind that a thesis is an interpretation of a question
the next part of this assignment you will create an outline of the main
points you want to address in this paper. This outline will serve as
the basis for your Assignment 1.2 Final Draft.
- Write a one to two (1-2) page outline in which you:
three (3) major aspects of industrialization between 1865 and 1920. In
your response, consider society, the economy, and politics.
five (5) specific groups that were affected by industrialization.
Provide two (2) examples for each group describing how the group was
affected. (Consider issues such as race, ethnicity, gender, child labor,
- List five (5) ways that industrialization affected the life of the average working American during this period.
- Use at least three (3) academic references besides or in addition to the textbook. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title,
and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
and discuss the different ways that the Civil War, Reconstruction, and
Industrialization after the Civil War have shaped America’s history.
and discuss the ways that formal policies of government have influenced
the direction of historical and social development in the United
- Recognize the major turning points in American history since the Civil War.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in contemporary U.S. history.
- Write clearly and concisely about contemporary U.S. history using proper writing mechanics.