Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your question!
Cigar smoking increases the risk of death from cancer of the larynx more than 39 times and cancer of the oral cavity/pharynx by seven times.
- Addiction potential? Cigars contain anywhere from 100 to 444 mg of nicotine. The average cigarette contains 8.4 mg.2
- Compared to non-smokers, cigar smokers have a 27% higher risk of coronary heart disease and a 45% increased risk of chronic obstructive lung diseases like emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
- Spit tobacco contains 28 cancer-causing chemicals such as formaldehyde and polonium-210.
- Puffing a hookah can actually put nearly twice the amount of nicotine in your system than you would get from puffing a cigarette.9
- Smoking tobacco through water does not filter out cancer-causing chemicals.
- Those who use mentholated cigarettes are relatively more likely to experience health consequences compared to other cigarette users due to a cooling effect that allows smokers to inhale more deeply and hold the smoke longer. They are also less likely to want to quit or to quit successfully.7
- Menthol cigarettes are of special concern for African-American students, because 70% of African-American smokers smoke menthol cigarettes compared to a little over 20% of Caucasian American smokers..
Bidis (pronouned beedis or beedies)
Bidis are small brown cigarettes, often flavored, consisting of tobacco hand rolled in tendu or temburni leaf and secured with a string at one end.
- One bidi produces more than three times the amount of carbon monoxide and contains more than three times the amount of nicotine and more than five times the amount of tar than one cigarette.
Clove Cigarettes or Kreteks
Kreteks, the Indonesian name for clove cigarettes, are made from tobacco that has been sprayed in clove oil and contain large amounts of tobacco and unfiltered organic material.
- Kreteks contain two to three times more nicotine and tar than American cigarette brands.6
- Kretek smoking is associated with an increased risk for acute lung injury, especially among susceptible individuals with asthma or respiratory infections.
Please let me know if you need any clarification. I'm always happy to answer your questions.
Content will be erased after question is completed.