First PowerPoint Assignment (10 slides with 100 with speaker notes of 100 words)
“The complexity of financing in health care is one of the primary characteristics of medical care delivery in the United States” (Shi & Singh, 2012, p. 129). There are numerous reimbursement methods (e.g., capitation, fee-for-service, package pricing, etc.) that are used by health care organizations and providers to get paid for the health care services that they provide. Building upon your Individual Project from Phase 1, construct a PowerPoint presentation of 10–12 slides with speaker notes of 100–150 words per slide that contains the following:
- Summarize 3 different reimbursement methods that are used by health care providers and organizations.
- Choose which method(s) will work best for the health care facility that you have proposed to be developed, and explain why you chose that method(s).
- Discuss the pros and cons of the reimbursement method(s) that you chose.
- Discuss the impact that the method(s) may have on the financial operations of the facility that you chose.
Note: You should include a minimum of 3 references, properly cited in APA format.
Second PowerPoint Assignment (10 slides with speaker notes of 150 words per slide)
As a member of the finance team, you have been asked to forecast the upcoming year’s operational budget for Krona Community Hospital. I uploaded last year’s budget. After reviewing specific data, internal input, and external input from various sources, you find that the executive management team would like the budget to reflect the following:Krona Community Hospital budget last year
- 10% increase in inpatient revenue
- 15% increase in outpatient revenue
- 5% increase in pharmacy revenue
- 15% increase in home health and hospital revenue
- 10% increase in payroll and benefits
Note: The budget should be formatted to reflect the percentage increase or decrease from last year’s budget.
Additionally, provide discussion on the following:
- How might you increase revenue in each of the areas? Think outside of the box, and perform research to determine current trends in those areas.
- Why would there be a need to increase payroll, particularly nurses’ salaries?
- Provide an explanation as to how the Krona Community Hospital may be able to achieve an increase in the revenue areas that the chief executive officer (CEO) wishes you to address.