1. Explain how medical magnetic resonance imaging
(MRI) exploits the magnetic properties of the nucleus.
2. Explain how a sound is actually a form of
energy? In what medium do sound waves travel?
3. A current is connected to 115-volt power
source. If a current of 5 amps flows in the wire, what is the resistance of the
4. Find out where your electrical power is
generated. Does your local utility buy additional power from some other source?
What kind of fuel or energy is used to drive the turbines? Are there pollution
controls that restrict the use of certain kinds of fuels at your local power
5. Identify at least THREE everyday examples of
waves that travel through each of the following:
6. In what ways do different kinds of seismic
waves differ from waves on water?
7. Why are the X-rays used for medical diagnosis?
8. What other wavelengths of electromagnetic
radiation are used in medicine?
9. What is the wavelength of the carrier wave
used by your favorite radio station?