Running head: BENCHMARK: MATHEMATICS MINI-UNIT PLAN
Benchmark: Mathematics Mini-Unit Plan
Grand Canyon University: EDU 470
Dr. Tanya R. Mooney
BENCHMARK: MATHEMATICS MINI-UNIT PLAN
Unit Topic: Geometry
Standard Code: G.CO.A.1
Be well conversant with the definitions of angle, perpendicular and parallel lines, circle,
and line segment, with regards to the undefined notions of line, point, length of a given
line, and distance along a circular arc as these are found within a plane.
Overall Learning Goal:
By the end of this mini-unit, the student should be able to:
• Recognize the meanings of angle, line, point, circle, line segment, perpendicular line,
and distance around an arc.
• Make use of definitions to single out examples and non-examples
• Use the precise definitions of the above-named terms.
• Come up with precise definitions of the same terms.
• Explain in detail if a possible definition is valid by the use of precise definitions.
Curriculum-Based Measurement Probe:
The initial step in conducting CBM for mathematics is to acquire the appropriate materials
such as different math sheets, a timer which displays seconds, a graph paper, and the
instructions for administering math CBM.
The student should answer computational problems for 2 minutes, after which the examiner or
teacher sums the number of correct digits (CD).
It can be accomplished in one test session or cut across consecutive days, whereby a total of
30 different math probes will be used.
Materials (Including Digital Resources):