Imagine that you are a potential investor researching a U.S. investment of
your choice. Your choice can be any investment that is highly marketable, which
means that you must be able to sell it at a market price very easily. Publically
traded stock, corporate bonds, government bonds, real estate, mutual funds, and
derivatives are all examples of highly marketable investments.
You will be
required to collect financial statements and /or relevant financial information
that detail(s) the past three (3) years (fiscal or calendar) of the chosen
investment. (These statements can usually be located within the organization’s
Website under “investor information” or something similar. Many times, these
statements can also be found on Yahoo! Finance, Google Finance, MSN Money, or
You will also be required to research your chosen investment’s
price for the past five (5) years, as well as a related market index for this
investment for the past five (5) years. An example of an applicable market index
is the Standard & Poor’s Stock Market Index, commonly called the S&P
- Select the highly marketable investment that you wish to research.
- Provide a brief (one  paragraph) explanation as to why you selected that
- List five (5) resources to demonstrate that there is enough information
available regarding your selected investment.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in
- Write clearly and concisely about investments using proper writing
Click here to view the grading rubric.