Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your question!
BENEFITS OF CLOUD COMPUTING
1. One enjoys a huge memory storage space.This makes it possible for their clients to carry out several projects without fear of getting low on storage space.
2.Is cost efficient, as this services are available at a relatively cheaper price owing to lack of repair and upgrade by clients.
2.Backup and recovery option
3.Automatic software integration
4.Easy access to information
1.Prone to attacks by hackers
2.Technical issues in clouding system can negatively impact a huge number of its clients. Imagine two hours of an error in all Facebook servers.
The clouding companies should put in place a backup system that will serve clients in case of a technical breakdown. There systems should be frequently serviced and upgraded.
They should advice their clients on password strenght and privacy.
Please let me know if you need any clarification. I'm always happy to answer your questions.
- Suggest how an organization should choose between Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). Support your recommendation with an explanation.
An organization choice of a cloud computing service is highly dependent on the characteristics of the services an organization need to.
For Software as a Service (SaaS),they should look for:
• “Vanilla” offerings where the solution is largely undifferentiated. A
good example of a vanilla offering would include email where many times
competitors use the same software precisely because this fundamental
technology is a requirement for doing business, but does not itself
confer an competitive advantage
• Applications where there is significant interplay between the organization and the outside world. For example, email newsletter campaign software
• Applications that have a significant need for web or mobile access. An example would be mobile sales management software
• Software that is only to be used for a short term need. An example would be collaboration software for a specific project
For Platform as a Service (PaaS), they should look for:
PaaS is especially useful in any situation where multiple developers will be working on a development project or where other external parties need to interact with the development process. As the case study below illustrates, it is proving invaluable for those who have an existing data source – for example sales information from a customer relationship management tool, and want to create applications which leverage that data. Finally PaaS is useful where developers wish to automate testing and deployment services.
The popularity of agile software development, a group of software development methodologies based on iterative and incremental development, will also increase the uptake of PaaS as it eases the difficulties around rapid development and iteration of software.
For Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), they should look for:
IaaS makes sense in a number of situations and these are closely related to the benefits that Cloud Computing bring. Situations that are particularly suitable for Cloud infrastructure include;
• Where demand is very volatile – any time there are significant spikes and troughs in terms of demand on the infrastructure
• For new organizations without the capital to invest in hardware
• Where the organization is growing rapidly and scaling hardware would be problematic
• Where there is pressure on the organization to limit capital expenditure and to move to operating expenditure
• For specific line of business, trial or temporary infrastructural needs
Content will be erased after question is completed.