1. Construct a cumulative frequency distribution of the 20 brain volumes(cm3) listed
Use the classes 900-999, 1000-1099, and so on. (6-classes)
1005 963 1035 1027 1281 1272 1051 1079 1034 1070 1173 1079 1067 1104 1347 1439
1029 1100 1204 1160.Also find relative frequency for each class interval?
2. Use data above in question 1 to build the frequency polygon. Is the distribution
3. Find the mean, mode, median, variance, Standard Deviation, and range of the following
4. Find the mean and the Variance of the following sample data:
5. Two dice with six faces are rolled, find the sample space and number of elements in the
sample space. Also calculate the probability that the sum of the two faces is equal 6.
6. Use the Prison and Plea data in following table to calculate part a and b :
Sentenced to Prison
Not Sentenced to Prison
Plea of not Guilty
a. If someone from the 1028 subjects is randomly selected, find the probability of selecting
someone sentenced to prison.
b. If someone from the 1028 subjects is randomly selected, find the probability of selecting
someone sentenced to prison and entered a Guilty Plea.
7. In a class on 50 students, 35 students passed in all subjects, 5 failed in one subject, 4
failed in two subjects and 6 failed in three subjects.
a. Construct a probability distribution table for number of subjects a student from the
given class has failed in.
b. Calculate the Standard Deviation.
8. 45 % of the employees in a company take public transportation daily to go to work. For
a random sample of 7 employees, what is the probability that at most 2 employees take
public transportation to work daily?
a) 𝑃(𝑧 < 1.87)
b) 𝑃(𝑧 > −1.01)
c) 𝑃(−1.01 < 𝑧 < 1.87)
10. Assume the population of weights of men is normally distributed with a mean of
175 lb. and a standard deviation 30 lb. Find the probability that 20 randomly selected
men will have a mean weight that is greater than 178 lb.
11. We have a random sample of 100 students and 75 of these people have a weight less than
80 kg. Construct a 95% confidence interval for the population proportion of people who
have a weight less than 80 kg.
12. We have a sample of size n = 20 with mean 𝑥̅ = 12 and the standard deviation 𝜎 = 2.
What is a 95% confidence interval based on this sample?
Purchase answer to see full