Essay : Thinking, Memory, Problem solving and creativity questions
Thinking, Memory, Problem Solving, and Creativity Questions
Select any three of the following
items to write about. Each response should be 1-2 pages long. You may
combine all responses into one paper and provide headings for each item.
1. Distinguish between the human mind and computers as tools for thinking. What does the human mind do better and why? What does the computer do better and why? Weigh in on the debate over artificial intelligence and support your claims.
2. Take this free creativity problem solving test or one of your choosing, and weigh in on the results.
Do you feel they were on target? Do you think the survey questions
accurately assess problem-solving creativity? Are there reliable ways to
measure creativity? Why is creativity an imortant area of study for psychologists?
3. Describe and discuss the role of consolidation. Identify how psychologists study this process and why. Provide examples from your life that demonstrate the process of consolidation in action.
4. Describe mental imagery (theories and processes) and explain why people might use it for different reasons.
How is it different from hypnosis. Identify a scientific study related
to this process and describe the results. Weigh in on the effectiveness of mental imagery. What role does motivation play? Have you ever tried to incorporate it in to your life? Explain.
5. Select one memory disorder
to research and detail its causes, symptoms, and treatments (traditional
and emerging). Explain how therapists and/or psychologists can help support patients experiencing memory loss.
6. Research ways that culture
influences how we categorize the world. Present a scenario using at
least two different cultures to demonstrate
the idea. Compare and contrast attitudes and perceptions based on
cultural categorizations. Why is it important to recognize this
7. Read the following excerpt from Final Jeopardy: Man vs. Machine and the Quest to Know Everything as discussed by delancyplace.com. Devise and conduct a unique experiment to mimic the findings of the Moses illusion. Detail your hypothesis, the experiment, the findings, and your analysis of those findings.
Find at least one scholarly source for each item to support your
ideas. A minimum total of three sources should be cited and listed on
your reference page.)
Use APA format to style your paper and cite and reference your sources.
Each response should be a 1—2 pages long, in addition to a title page and a reference page.