I live in South Texas area, so any meeting aroudn San Antionio, Bexar counter, Atacosa County, McMullen county will work.
- Weight: 11% of course grade
- Grading Rubric
- Due: Tuesday, 02/05/2019 11:59 PM (CST)
For this paper, you will attend a city or county council/commission meeting
and present its topics, relevant discussion, and outcome. You will then provide
an analysis of and response to the meeting and whether you agreed with the
steps/actions taken by the council/commission, and explain why you agreed or
For students unable to attend in person, viewing a meeting online is an
The name of the council/commission, location, date, and URL (if applicable)
must be included on your title page. Your paper must be at least two pages in
length. You must include a copy of the official meeting agenda as your
Be sure to include the following in your paper:
- agenda items,
- items that required a vote and the outcome of those votes,
- any contentious issues and analysis of the problem, and
- any items of particular interest.
Address the following questions:
- Could you determine any conservative or liberal leanings by the members
based on their comments or vote?
- What community services were addressed in the meeting? In what ways did
the council/commission discuss supporting those services?
- In what ways did minorities influence decisions made at this
meeting—either directly at the meeting or through the policies discussed?
- Was the meeting what you expected? Would you have voted with the majority?
Elaborate on your response.
Any sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased
and quoted material must have accompanying citations in APA format.