1. The aim of Target’s website relaunch was to give a more indepth narrative of their
company to the media especially which has increased visits to the site.
2. Instead of having press conferences or releases, Target is aiming to have media pick up
stories about Target directly from their site, which they are. Examples include a national
TV morning show using a Tevolio dress story and the Huffington Post utilizing a macand-cheese story.
3. Instead of just talking about Target, the company is grabbing ideas from our culture and
using them for stories as well such as entertainment and lifestyle. Thus, having a bigger
pull on customers.
1. Why did Target decide to revamp their website? Was it because of low numbers or did
the want an opportunity to be the best not just good?
2. This shift in marketing seems to have occurred at approximately the same time that
Target had issues moving into Canada and with credit cards. Did those issues cause the
1. Target is leading the market of big, chain stores in many ways and their websites are no
exception. Through utilizing entertainment and culture, Target has created a site that
doesn’t just serve to show off their products but also includes interesting news breaks.
All of which have increased the visits to their site.
Purchase answer to see full